Friday, February 22, 2008

Tempeh Tacos

I know, I know. I have posted tacos before. And, after so many months with no tempeh I am now going a little tempeh crazy. But my parents are here for a visit and I thought this would be an easy meal that everyone would like. And, it was.

INGREDIENTS
- 1 pkg of tempeh, grated
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp mushroom soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- pinch of cayenne
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp ketchup

METHOD
1. Heat oil over medium heat. Fry tempeh for 5 mins, until it starts to get golden. Add soy sauce and water and stir well to combine. Add spices and ketchup. Lower heat and cook for 10 mins, until tempeh begins to dry out a bit.

Serve in a wheat tortilla with refried beans, chopped onions, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream.